(Copied with permission from Underwater‘s website)
This page will help you set up your video playback. You will get all the important features such as 10-bit H.264 support, proper ASS softsub rendering and support for Matroska ordered chapters in MKVs.
Playback on Windows
- If you have any previous codecs/codec packs, uninstall all of them (you can use CCCP Insurgent as help) and reboot.
- Get CCCP.
- Install CCCP.
- Use MPC-HC (Media Player Classic HomeCinema) that comes with CCCP as your player.
- And that’s it! You now have a working playback setup.
There are also some optional tweaks that you can do:
- LAV video decoder: For faster 10-bit H.264 decoding, you can enable LAV video under Alternative H.264 decoders in the CCCP settings (first page, bottom left corner).
- xy-VSFilter: Faster subtitle rendering.
- Download the latest version.
- Go to the folder you installed CCCP in.
- Go to the Filters subfolder.
- Rename VSFilter.dll to VSFilter.dll.bak (or make a backup of it some other way).
- Extract the xy-VSFilter version of VSFilter.dll to this folder.
- Go to CCCP settings page 2 and check “Re-Register Filters”. Then click “Apply”.
- Done! You can make sure that xy-VSFilter is being used by doing the following:
- Open a video file with softsubs (like any of our releases).
- In MPC-HC, go to right-click -> Filters -> DirectVobSub (auto-loading version or not) -> Properties.
- Go to the Misc. tab and check if there’s a dropdown box with “BT.601″ in it. If yes, xy-VSFilter is being used.
- madVR: A high quality video renderer.
- Install according to its manual.
- Select it as the renderer in MPC-HC (Options -> Output).
- Open a file and go to madVR’s settings (in MPC-HC, right click -> Filters -> madVR Renderer -> Edit Settings).
- Under Processing -> Decoding, uncheck all three options.
- Under Rendering -> General Settings, make sure automatic fullscreen exclusive mode is disabled.
- Tweak the other settings according to your liking.
- Note that you won’t be able to take screenshots with F5 when using madVR!